World Erg Challenge
The World Erg Challenge (now in collaboration with World Rowing) runs every year from March 15–April 15. Get a team together and see how many meters you can complete!
- Each team completes as many meters as they can collectively between 12:00 a.m. March 15 and 11:59 p.m. April 15.
- Indoor rower, SkiErg and BikeErg meters only (no on water/on snow meters please). You can combine meters from each machine to reach the challenge goal. Note: BikeErg meters are counted as half when applied to the challenge.
- This is a team challenge. You must belong to a team to participate. This is not the same as your club affiliation in your profile. See "Information for Team Members" below.
- Teams must consist of at least two (2) people. Team members will not appear on challenge boards until at least two people are taking part.
- Important deadline: Complete the following tasks by March 30 23:59 GMT (19:59 ET) or your team will not be enrolled in the challenge and/or your team members' meters will not count for the challenge:
- All team members must be added to your team.
- Team members who have their own logbooks must indicate in their logbooks that they are actively participating in the current challenge. (See the Team member page for more information.)
- Meters must be entered online. Because of the large number of participants in the challenge, we cannot accept results via phone, fax or email. We suggest that any members who have access to the internet create their own profile so that they can enter their own results.
- Meters completed each week should be entered no later than midnight on Friday of that week. This works on the honor system. It makes it fair and fun for everyone if you can watch the progress of the teams that you are competing against.
- Concept2 reserves the right to ask for proof of meter totals if they seem suspect and to disqualify any team from the challenge who we feel is not participating honestly.
- Deadline for entering meters: April 18 23:59 GMT (19:59 ET).
Who Can Participate
Teams must be an established "club," under one of the following divisions:
- Emergency Services
- Medical Facility
- Correctional Facility
Virtual, long-distance, purely electronic groupings of rowers and people and/or individuals not affiliated with a club will be allowed, but will not be eligible for prizes. See below for more information about prizes and eligibility.
Team standings in all divisions will be posted online throughout the duration of the challenge. There will be separate Honor Boards for each club division, so you can compare your club's performance with other similar clubs.
Incentives and Rewards
- There will be prizes for the top eligible athletes:
- Top 10 individual men and women (20 winners total)
- Top 10 individual male and female adaptive athletes (20 winners total)
- Kids 16 & under (male and female combined; 10 winners total)
- There will be prizes for an additional 10 men and 10 women by random draw from all those completing at least 100,000 meters (50,000 meters for kids and adaptive athletes) during the challenge.
- The club with the greatest number of meters completed will win their choice of a Model D or Model E Indoor Rower, or a SkiErg (see Prize Eligibility).
- The club with the greatest number of meters completed per participant (minimum of five people per team to qualify for this prize) will win their choice of a Model D or Model E Indoor Rower, or a SkiErg (see Prize Eligibility).
- We will have two random draws for a Model D or Model E Indoor Rower, or a SkiErg from all participating clubs having at least five members on their team (see Prize Eligibility).
- Specially designed certificates of completion will be available via download to all participants.
- Virtual teams and their participants are not eligible to receive shipped prizes.
- Prizes are only available for clubs and individuals in the following countries:
- Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg)
Instructional Posters are available through the Concept2 CTS Resources page for all US and Canadian participants.
Information for Team Members
Please visit the Joining A Team for more information on how to join a team.
Important: Team members need to confirm they intend to take part in each challenge. You do this from the Team page.
Information for Team Captains
Please visit the Starting and Managing a Team page for more information on how to setup and run a team.