World Erg Challenge
The World Erg Challenge runs every year from March 15–April 15. Get a team together and see how many meters you can complete!
- Each team completes as many meters as they can collectively between 12:00 a.m. March 15 and 11:59 p.m. April 15.
- Indoor rower, SkiErg and BikeErg meters only (no on water/on snow meters please). You can combine meters from each machine to reach the challenge goal. Note: BikeErg meters are counted as half when applied to the challenge.
- This is a team challenge. You must belong to a team to participate. This is not the same as your club affiliation in your profile. See "Information for Team Members" below.
- Teams must consist of at least two (2) people. Team members will not appear on challenge boards until at least two people are taking part.
- Important deadline: Complete the following tasks by March 30 23:59 GMT (19:59 ET) or your team will not be enrolled in the challenge and/or your team members' meters will not count for the challenge:
- All team members must be added to your team.
- Team members who have their own logbooks must indicate in their logbooks that they are actively participating in the current challenge. (See the Team member page for more information.)
- Meters must be entered online. Because of the large number of participants in the challenge, we cannot accept results via phone, fax or email. We suggest that any members who have access to the internet create their own profile so that they can enter their own results.
- Meters completed each week should be entered no later than midnight on Friday of that week. This works on the honor system. It makes it fair and fun for everyone if you can watch the progress of the teams that you are competing against.
- Concept2 reserves the right to ask for proof of meter totals if they seem suspect and to disqualify any team from the challenge who we feel is not participating honestly.
- Deadline for entering meters: April 18 23:59 GMT (19:59 ET).
Who Can Participate
Teams must be an established "club," under one of the following divisions:
- Emergency Services
- Medical Facility
- Correctional Facility
Team standings in all divisions will be posted online throughout the duration of the challenge. There will be separate Honor Boards for each club division, so you can compare your club's performance with other similar clubs.
Incentives and Rewards
- The club with the greatest number of meters completed will win their choice of RowErg, SkiErg or BikeErg.
- The club with the greatest number of meters completed per participant (minimum of five people per team to qualify for this prize) will win their choice of a RowErg, SkiErg or BikeErg.
- We will have two random draws for a RowErg, SkiErg or BikeErg from all participating clubs having at least five members on their team
Virtual teams are not eligible to receive club prizes (equipment). The club prizes of equipment are intended for clubs with physical, public locations such as health clubs, schools, universities and rowing clubs.
Instructional Posters are available through the Concept2 Literature Request page for all US and Canadian participants.
Information for Team Members
Please visit the Joining A Team for more information on how to join a team.
Important: Team members need to confirm they intend to take part in each challenge. You do this from the Team page.
Information for Team Captains
Please visit the Starting and Managing a Team page for more information on how to setup and run a team.