World Rowing Virtual Indoor Sprints
The World Rowing Virtual Indoor Sprints are an initiative between Concept2 and World Rowing.
When and Where
The Indoor Sprints takes place between March 8-12, 2023. As to where it takes place—that's entirely up to you! Unlike a traditional race, the World Rowing Indoor Sprints can take place anywhere in the world. You can take part on your own, in an organized event or even online.
- Race 1,000 meters on the Concept2 Indoor Rower (Model A-E rowers only, no Dynamic or indoor rowers on Slides) at your club, gym, school or home March 8-12, 2023.
- Individuals should enter their time in their Concept2 Online Logbook by March 14 12:00 GMT (08:00 ET).
- Events should send their results by email to email@example.com using the result form below. Results must be emailed by March 14 12:00 GMT (08:00 ET). Late entries will not be accepted.
- Due to the time required to compile and check race results, final results should be ready by 5 pm GMT on March 14, 2023.
Please note the World Rowing statement on sporting sanctions for Russia and Belarus applies to the Indoor Sprints.
Late submissions cannot be accepted. All results MUST be submitted by March 14 12:00 GMT (08:00 ET).
Need some help preparing? Check out our 6-Week Training Plan.
How To Enter
As An Individual
If you have a PM5, we recommend using ErgData to upload your results to your Online Logbook. As well as making it simple to sync your workout, it will also mean your piece is automatically marked as verified. Alternatively, if you'd rather use a USB stick with your PM5, you can use the Concept2 Utility to upload your time. It is also possible to enter the result manually into your online logbook.
You must set the monitor for a single distance piece of 1000m. If you don't know how to do this, check out Setting Up A Single Distance Workout. If you're using a PM3, PM4 or PM5 and are manually entering the piece, make sure you get the verification code if you want it to appear as verified. You can enter the code when you add your result to your Online Logbook. (If you've already entered your result, simply edit it, and you'll have the option to enter the code again.)
It’s important that the piece is done between March 8-12, 2023. If you’re uploading the piece, or want to enter a verification code for a manual row, make sure the date on the monitor is correct before you do your piece. You can check and correct the date on your monitor by following the instructions here: Setting Date and Time On Your PM5.
From An Organized Event
If you're a race organizer submitting results for an event or race, please use the spreadsheet below. Results submitted in any other format may not be accepted.
Important: This form is for organized events with independent witnesses only. If you're an individual or household you should enter results via the Logbook. Individual entries using this form will not be accepted.
World Rowing Virtual Indoor Sprints Event Entry Form
Incentives and Rewards
- Inclusion on the results board.
- A downloadable certificate available after the final results at 5 pm GMT on March 14, 2023.
- A special certificate will be available to download to the top three male and female times in each category. Categories are listed below.
There are separate results for men and women, with lightweight categories for rowers aged 19 and above. There are also adaptive/para-rowing categories for both men and women.
- 12 and under
- Lightweight Women: <= 61.5 kg (135 lbs)
- Heavyweight Women: > 61.6 kg (135 lbs)
- Lightweight Men: <= 75 kg (165 lbs)
- Heavyweight Men: > 75 kg (165 lbs)
- PR3-II (Leg, Trunk and Arms - Intellectual Impairment)
- PR3 (Leg, Trunk and Arms)
- PR2 (Trunk and Arms)
- PR1 (Arms and Shoulders)